A driving record is a history of traffic violations recorded against your license. You can purchase a copy that gives you an in-depth history of your driving violations.
There are 2 types of driving history records you can order
- A driving record that is not admissible in legal proceedings
- An authenticate record that is admissible in legal proceedings
Eligibility for driving record
Any person who holds a New South Whales driving license and has an account on MyServiceNSW.
You can obtain a copy of your driving history record if you have previously held an NSW driver’s license. The Road Transport Authority will only grant permission to release records to the person who is the subject of the record.
How to order the driving record
- Visit the website.
- To access your account, you need to log in or create an account. Once you’ve created a new account, you’ll need to enter your NSW driver’s license details.
- Accept all T&Cs.
- Click on ‘Buy a certified record’ or ‘Buy an online record’ which one you need.
- Confirm your order details and check for any errors.
- Provide payment details.
- After you complete your transaction, you will receive a cash receipt and your online record.
You can download and complete the form if you are unable to order online. Double-check to submit all needed documents. Go to a service center and submit your application along with payment.
- Only a certified driving history can be suitable in legal proceedings or as evidence.
- The information in an online driving history is not usable in court or to apply for a driver’s license.
- The certified driving history you buy from Transport for NSW will be sent to the mailing address within 7 business days. For addresses outside of New South Wales, you must order by post.
- You receive an electronic driving history record as well when you buy a certified record. The online record will be valid for seven days.
To read more, visit WeQuestion Travelling and Transportation.