You can apply for a permit to collect firewood from a state forest in NSW. This permit is compulsory and you can apply for it online. You must use a permit within four weeks of the purchase date.
Eligibility for Firewood Permit
You must comply with the terms and conditions of the permit, as well as pay for it in advance.
Things you need
You should have the following things before you can apply.
- Personal data
- Driving License ID
- Vehicle registration number
- Credit card
How to apply for a Firewood Permit
- Go to the website
- Select the forest and are which you want
- Fill in all the other information on the form
- To submit the application you need to sign into your account or create a new one
- Submit the application
- You must only collect firewood within the area outlined on your permit.
- You can only collect fallen timber, but you must stick to the weight and volume limits.
- You must carry your permit at all times and show it to Forest Service officials if they ask.
- Before you leave, you should record your collection on your permit.
To know more about permit issuance and regulations, visit WeQuestion Licenses and Permits section.