The First Home Owner Grant (New Homes) scheme offers first home buyers a $10,000 grant for new homes.
You are eligible if
- Your home is valued at less than $600,000, and it is a newly constructed home.
- The land and structures you plan to build together have a total value of below than $750,000.
Eligibility for first home owner grant
The grant is payable to first home owners who meet all of the eligibility requirements.
- You must be at least 18 years old and a separate individual to apply.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible for this.
- You or your mate must not have been an owner or co-owner of the property in Australia previously.
- You or your mate must not have previously received a first home owner grant.
How to apply for first home owner grant
- Download the form and fill in all the information.
- When you’re arranging financing for your home, lodge the completed form and any supporting documents with your bank or financial institution.
- If you have already purchased property or construction has commenced, lodge the completed form and supporting documents with Revenue NSW.
- If you provide false or misleading information, you may be subject to penalties.
- You need to be a resident of the home for at least six months within 12 months of constructing or buying the home.
- The Australian Defence Force members may be excepted from the six-month residency requirement.
- You will need to repay any grant you have received if your circumstances change and you are no longer eligible for the program.
To read more about housing schemes, visit WeQuestion Housing and Construction.