If your home or business was impacted by the 2022 floods, then you can have a building assessment completed by certified inspectors. Through this flood property assessment program, you will receive a free, detailed assessment report that includes a comprehensive scope of repair works and an estimate of repair costs.
Once you have received your report, the next step is up to you. The assessment will determine whether the property is safe or beyond economical repair, and then you can ask for demolition and removal of waste services for free. The assessment report is given to you and is not publicly available.
Eligibility for Flood Property Assessment Program
- Business owners whose properties are located within one of the designated flood zones can register for the program.
- To be eligible for the program, a property can be a residential building.
- A property can also qualify for the flood property assessment program if the property is a residence or farmstead.
- Commercial properties with primary business operations such as shops and tourism businesses can also apply.
Ineligible for Flood Property Assessment Program
- Items not within the boundary of the property being demolished are not eligible.
- Landscaping, retaining walls, and driveways are not eligible for this program.
- Private bridges power poles and are not eligible.
- Museums and collections that store items outside of their primary buildings are not considered for this program.
- The buildings and properties on the state or national registry are not eligible for this program.
How to register
- Visit the website.
- You need to log in or create a MyServiceNSW account if you do not have one. You can also continue as a guest.
- You can choose to complete the form on behalf of someone else or for yourself.
- To request assistance, follow the prompts on the screen.
After you register, a case manager at Johns Lyng Group will contact you to carry out an initial property assessment.