The NSW Gas Rebate is a program that offers eligible NSW households a payment to cover the costs of their natural gas or bottled gas. It is often used for basic household needs such as cooking, and heating. You can apply for a rebate if you buy/refill LPG (compressed natural gas) in bottles, or if you’re an on-supply customer, Which means Your residential community, or strata scheme issue you with a gas bill or invoice.
Eligibility for Gas Rebate
You are eligible for the NSW Gas Rebate only if
- You are a resident of New South Wales.
- You are a customer of a gas retailer, or you refill your own gas bottles for house needs.
- If you have one of these
- Services Australia issued Pensioner Concession Card
- Services Australia issued Health Care Card
What you need
- If you are applying online you will need a MyServiceNSW account
- Gas bill for the past month
How to apply for Gas Rebate
- Visit the website.
- Create a new MyServiceNSW account or log in if you are already registered
- Click on the tab “My Services”
- Click on the “Add Service” button
- Select “Energy rebates”
- Accept all the T&Cs
- Click Next
- Fill in the asked details on the form
- Add your gas bill
- Click on Submit button
If you don’t want to apply online then you can download the application form, fill it and submit it by attaching your past month’s gas bill.
- Your gas bill must be less than 3 months old, taken after 1 July in the current financial year, and have a meter reading.
- You will receive $121 as a lump sum payment in the bank account.
- The rebate is only allowed once per household per financial year.
- The rebate is only available for the principal place of residence.
- People who hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card are not eligible for this rebate program.
- Gas Rebate can be availed by both retail and on supply customers.