This article is about different aspects of the Regional Seniors Travel Card Australia. It focuses on how the card can provide free travel anywhere in Australia, what you need to qualify for the card, and what you do when you’re using it.
The regional seniors’ travel card provides reliable and affordable transportation for seniors in regional areas of Australia. One of the many benefits of this card is that it provides free travel within Australia for all its holders. You can use this card for both public transport and taxis in case your car breaks down or if you chose not to have one at all. You can also use this card in some car rental firms as well.
The regional seniors travel card program offers eligible seniors living in rural or remote areas $250 to help pay for travel expenses. You can use a travel card to pay for fuel, taxis, and pre-booked NSW Trainlink Regional trains and coaches at certain retailers across Australia. Reduced-cost or free travel is available for eligible seniors, pensioners, and people with certain disabilities. To use your card you must activate it. The validity of a travel card is 14 months from the issuance date. The expiration date is printed on the front side of the card. The seniors travel card program is being implemented for a 4-year trial period.
Eligibility for regional seniors travel card
- You must have reached the pension age to be considered for this program.
- To qualify for the program, you must receive assistance from the Australian Services or the Department of Veterans Affairs.
How to apply for the regional seniors travel card
- Visit the website.
- Sign in to MyServiceNSW or If you do not have an account, then you need to create one.
- Complete the form and submit it.
- If you are approved, then you can expect to receive your card and PIN within 20 business days.
- Your card and PIN will be mailed to you in separate packages.
Because of the impact of COVID-19, you may receive your card and pin later than usual. And you are highly recommended to apply online for the seniors travel card program.
- Before applying for a seniors travel card, you must update your address with Services Australia or the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- When you receive a card, you will get some sort of card management information.
- You can designate an authorized representative to apply for you a regional seniors travel card, or register to manage a card, on your behalf.
- Your application must be consistent with the information you have provided to Services Australia or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.