School Travel Pass

School Travel Pass


The School Student Transport Scheme offers free or subsidized travel to the students between home and school on NSW public transport, including buses, trains, ferries, and light rail. You may receive a School Travel Pass or a School Opal card, depending on your destination. For the new school year, the cards are automatically updated so that students can continue traveling without any problems. So you don’t need to apply for its renewal.

In the following cases, you need to apply

  • If you are applying for the first time to get your school travel pass.
  • If you want to change your name or address on the card

Eligibility for school travel pass

To qualify for a free pass, you must live a minimum distance from your school. The minimum distance is determined by the year/grade you are enrolled in, in that calendar year.

  • There is no minimum distance limit for Infants up to two years.
  • For the years 3 to 6, there should be a minimum straight-line distance of 1.6 kilometers or 2.3 kilometers walking distance.
  • For the years 7 to 12, there should be a minimum straight-line distance of 2 kilometers or 2.9 kilometers walking distance.

If your student doesn’t qualify for free school travel, you may be able to buy a School Term Bus Pass that will give you discounted bus travel between home and school.

What you need

The primary information you need to provide is an email address. If you’re under 16 years of age, you must have your application signed by a parent or legal guardian. If you’re 16 years of age or older, then you need to sign the application yourself.

How to apply for school travel pass

  • Visit the website.
  • Fill out the form will all the necessary information.
  • Review the mode of transportation the student feel easy to use.
  • You can follow the status of your application using the application ID number.

Share This Post